Hi! I work in international cooperation, mainly on inclusion of persons with disabilities. I like learning languages and about new cultures. I’m back in the UK after 12 years living in Brazil, Bangladesh, Switzerland (briefly) and Egypt.
I’m a freelance consultant and my work on disability focusses on employment and on mainstreaming disability.
I run the Disability Debrief newsletter to keep up with disability news from around the world and the people that are making change happen. Disability Debrief is supported by readers.
For some of my personal writing:
- Dancing on the Stairs is a longform spoken-word poem about coming home in the pandemic, disability, language, and more.
- Reflections when I left Bangladesh after living and working there for over four years.
You can see some of my work:
- Key issues on promoting employment of persons with disabilities. (ILO 2020)
- A global summary of trade union action on decent work for persons with disabilities. (ILO, 2017).
- A blog on disability and development issues. (2012-2016)
- My Masters’ thesis is Corporalidades de Chumbados, an ethnography of people with physical disabilities in Rio de Janeiro (in Portuguese). (2011)
Please get in touch !
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @desibility
I love to talk about disability and many other things. My consultancy is pretty full these days, but I’m always interested to collaborate. I try to keep time for volunteer work for local grassroots organizations or disabled people’s organizations, so if I can support what you’re doing, let me know.