Hi! Right now I’m in Cairo, Egypt. I work in international cooperation, mainly on inclusion of persons with disabilities. I like learning languages and about new cultures.
My work on disability focusses on employment and on mainstreaming disability. I am a freelance consultant, working with international development partners.
The languages I speak best are English, Portuguese, Bengali and (Egyptian) Arabic. I lived and worked in Bangladesh for over four years.
You can see some of my work:
- Just-launched Disability Debrief – a newsletter to stay in touch with international work on disability.
- A global summary of trade union action on decent work for persons with disabilities. (ILO, 2017).
- A blog on disability and development issues. (2012-2016)
- My Masters’ thesis is Corporalidades de Chumbados, an ethnography of people with physical disabilities in Rio de Janeiro (in Portuguese). (2011)
Please get in touch !
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @desibility
I love to talk about disability and many other things. My consultancy is pretty full these days, but I’m always interested to collaborate. I try to keep time for volunteer work for local grassroots organizations or disabled people’s organizations, so if I can support what you’re doing, let me know.