Hi! I work in international cooperation, mainly on inclusion of persons with disabilities. I like learning languages and about new cultures. I’m back in the UK after 12 years living in Brazil, Bangladesh, Switzerland (briefly) and Egypt.
I’m a freelance consultant and my work on disability focusses on employment and on mainstreaming disability.
For some of my personal writing:
- Dancing on the Stairs is a longform spoken-word poem about coming home in the pandemic, disability, language, and more.
- Reflections when I left Bangladesh after living and working there for over four years.
You can see some of my work:
- Key issues on promoting employment of persons with disabilities. (ILO 2020)
- A global summary of trade union action on decent work for persons with disabilities. (ILO, 2017).
- A blog on disability and development issues. (2012-2016)
- My Masters’ thesis is Corporalidades de Chumbados, an ethnography of people with physical disabilities in Rio de Janeiro (in Portuguese). (2011)
Please get in touch !
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @desibility
I love to talk about disability and many other things. My consultancy is pretty full these days, but I’m always interested to collaborate. I try to keep time for volunteer work for local grassroots organizations or disabled people’s organizations, so if I can support what you’re doing, let me know.